Who - Us
When - October 29, 20011
Where - Cameron Ridge.
Why - Cause
How - Walking
Park one car at north end of trail. Drive 7 miles to south end park other car.
We get out at south end and began our journey. We're walking, having fun. Breeze is blowing. Sun is shining. Wind turbines turning.
We start walking taking short moments to inspect different plants. Couple holes obviously dug by a hole diggin animal. A mile up the trail.
"You do have the other keys to the car right?" asks Abigail.
with that question I check my pockets. dramatically slapping and grabbing at the fabric of my shorts.
"Uh.. haha... uh... no I don't." I responded.
"Are you kidding?" Abigail says in disbelief.
"Oops. Guess I'll run back and get them. It's only a mile. Knock that out quick." I say. Which is more like jog then walk then jog, walk, jog, dodge plants.
"Don't leave both sets in the car." she says humourously.
I take off with a quick jog to make me look like I am actually sorry bout forgetting the keys. I make it hundred yards. Stop, turn around, ruuuunn walk back.
"What?" she asks.
"I need the keys.... to get in the car.... to get the keys.... of the other car..... out of the glovebox... where I put them.... without thinking we would..... need those keys to.... the other car at the end of our hike." I say out of breath.
with a sigh she hands me the keys. Long story short. I run, jog, walk, walk, walk, walk, and walk some more. to the Honda. Get the keys to the Colt. (blueberry) out of the Hondas glovebox. Then walk as fast as possible (afap) back to Abigail, who is waiting patiently a mile away.
"Prove you got both keys." she says.
jingle jingle...
With that simple miss plan fixed we take off. On our way something in the distance catches my eye.
"What's that?" I say suspiciously. "Looks like a deer."
With a look Abigail corrects me. "RoadRunner."
"RoadRunner? How.... Oh... roadrunner." eh..
rest of the trip is lots of walking.
we did see a cow train crossing the road.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment